Diwali, otherwise known as Deeepawali, is the hindu festival of lights which is commemorated by Indians all over the world. Diwali, which translates as ‘a row of lights’ is one of the most important Hindu festivals and is celebrated over a period of 5 days.
It is celebrated on the 15th day of the month of Kartik and in line with the Hindu calendar, this month is regarded as the holiest. This year, Diwali will be marked on 14th November.
The festival of light along with it the brings celebration of the victory of good over evil and of knowledge of ignorance. People around the world decorate adorns their homes with diyas to ‘light’ the way to enlightenment. Family come together to offer prayers, burst crackers and indulge in sweets.
However, with the coronavirus pandemic still raging in the outside world, this year’s Diwali celebration will have to be celebrated with all the safety precautions in place.
Here are some messages, quotes, wishes that you can share with your loved ones
1. All the lights of the world cannot be compared even to a ray of the inner light of the self. Merge yourself in this light and enjoy the festival of lights.
2. Warm Diwali wishes for every happiness to you. May the warmth and splendour, that are a part of this auspicious occasion, fill your life with happiness and bright cheer, and bring to you joy and prosperity, for the whole year.
3. May millions of lamps illuminate your life with joy, prosperity, health and wealth forever. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Diwali.
4. Let’s celebrate the festival in the true sense by spreading joy and light up the world of others. Have a happy, safe, and blessed Diwali!
5. Just like the colours of rangoli, hope this Diwali brings new smiles, undiscovered avenues, and different perspectives and unbound happiness. Have a wonderful Diwali and a great New Year!
6. Candles to enjoy life; decorations to light life; presents to share success; firecrackers to burn evils; sweets to sweeten success, and worship to thank God! Wish you a joyous and prosperous Diwali!
7. May the millions of lamps of Diwali illuminate your life with happiness, joy, peace and health. Wish you and your family a very prosperous Diwali.
8. May the beauty of Diwali season fill your home with happiness, and may the coming year provide you with all that brings you joy!