All this week talkSPORT is looking forward to taking part in Football Shirt Friday.
It’s all in the name of raising awareness and fundraising for Cancer Research UK’s Bobby Moore Fund.
As well as encouraging you to get involved and wear your favourite shirt, all this week you can enter the amazing Cancer Research UK’s Football Shirt Friday prize draw.
What you can win
A private box for 8 at Wembley for both 2022 Men’s FA Cup semi-finals, provided by Club Wembley
Hospitality tickets for the President’s table at the 2021/2022 William Hill World Darts Championship Final, for the winner and one guest aged 18 or over, provided by Barry Hearn and the Professional Darts Corporation
An 18-hole round of golf hosted by Jamie O’Hara at Royal Mid Surrey Golf Club, for the winner and up to two guests
A retro-style England Football shirt signed by Harry Kane; and a 2021/22 season England Football shirt signed by Gareth Southgate.
All the details are below and you can read about about Football Shirt Friday HERE.
Terms and Conditions
- By entering this prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) you agree to be bound by the following rules (“Rules”).
- The promoter of this Prize Draw is Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ (“Promoter”).
- The Promoter is a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666), the Isle of Man (1103) and Jersey (247).
- Please contact the Promoter at email@example.com if you have any queries relating to the Prize Draw or the use of the prizes, have any problems with the text entry service, or believe you have been billed unfairly and wish to discuss a mobile payment.
Prize Draw Entry Period
- The Prize Draw opens for entry at 00.01 GMT on Monday 15th November 2021 and closes at 23.59 GMT on Sunday 21st November 2021 (“Entry Period”).
- Entries received outside the Entry Period will not be entered into the Prize Draw.
- The Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, and any other third party directly connected with the Prize Draw (including any advertising and promotional agencies engaged by the Promoter), together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
- Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Prize Draw. Third party, bulk and/or automated applications shall not be accepted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant, and may disqualify any entrant if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant is not eligible or has otherwise breached any of these Rules.
How to enter
- To enter the Prize Draw, you must send a text message with the word FRIDAY to 84902 from a UK mobile.
- Text messages will be charged at your standard network charge (based on your service provider rates).
- You can enter the Prize Draw using this SMS service from a UK mobile only. You cannot enter using this service from the Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobiles.
- If you enter the Prize Draw using a UK mobile from outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges.
- You may enter the Prize Draw a maximum of four times. Each time, you will receive a free bounce back text message informing you that a voluntary donation of £5 to Cancer Research UK’s Bobby Moore Fund will be taken automatically 60 minutes after the time the entry text was received, unless you reply with the word CANCEL before 60 minutes has passed. You will not be charged for this text message.
- The £5 donation will be taken from the mobile phone used to enter the Prize Draw and 100% of the donation will go to Cancer Research UK’s Bobby Moore Fund.
- You do not need to donate in order for your Prize Draw entry to be valid. Anyone who replies CANCEL to the first bounce back message and thereby opts out of donating £5 to Cancer Research UK’s Bobby Moore Fund will still be entered into the Prize Draw subject to rule 17 below. If you decide to donate, this will show on your mobile bill as a charge of £5.00.
- If your keyword or short code are invalid, or your text message is received outside the times and dates specified for the Prize Draw, you will not be donating to Cancer Research UK’s Bobby Moore Fund nor will you have entered the Prize Draw. You may still be charged for the message at the relevant standard network rate.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any damage or loss resulting from entry into the Prize Draw. The Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the sending or receipt of an entry, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures. Late, illegible or corrupt entries, or those not complying with these Rules, will not be valid. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt by the Promoter.
The winner of the Prize Draw will win all of the prizes described in this paragraph 19. Such prizes are subject to any terms and conditions contained herein.
Private Box for 8 people at Wembley Stadium for both of the 2022 Men’s FA Cup Semi Finals
The winner will be entitled to use a Private Box (maximum capacity of 8 people) at Wembley Stadium, London for both of the 2022 Men’s FA Cup Semi Final matches (“the Matches”) only. The Matches are currently scheduled to take place on Saturday 16th April 2022 and Sunday 17th April 2022 respectively. These dates along with the timings of the Matches are subject to scheduling changes. The winner will not be entitled to use of the Private Box for any other event(s). One three course meal and soft drinks will be provided by the venue for the winner and their guests at each Match. The winner and their guests must follow any instructions provided by the venue and/or the Promoter regarding pre-ordering of food and use of the Private Box more generally. Where any of the winner’s guests are aged under 18 years old, such guests must have prior parental or guardian permission to accompany the winner when taking up the prize. This prize is non-transferable and cannot be resold. As at November 2021, all visitors to Wembley Stadium are required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 test or a Covid-19 vaccine certificate for entry. Test results will be checked at random. These requirements are subject to change and the winner and their guests will be required to comply with the then current Covid-19 requirements for these events as communicated by the Promoter, venue and/or event organiser. This prize is provided by Wembley Football Club Limited (company number 02530452). The winner will need to make arrangements with the Promoter regarding this prize.
Retro England Memorabilia Football Shirt signed by Harry Kane
The winner will receive an England football shirt with a retro-style design, signed by footballer Harry Kane. Please note that this is a piece of memorabilia and is not intended for use as an item of clothing. This prize has been donated to Cancer Research UK by CK66 Limited (company number 11543335) and Harry Kane. The winner must provide the Promoter with a valid UK address for delivery of this prize. The signed football shirt will then be posted within 20 days and will need to be signed for on delivery.
2021/22 England Memorabilia Football Shirt signed by Gareth Southgate
The winner will receive a 2021/22 season England football home shirt, signed by England manager Gareth Southgate. Please note that this is a piece of memorabilia and is not intended for use as an item of clothing. This prize has been donated to Cancer Research UK by Gareth Southgate and Round World Group Limited (company number 08915906). The winner must provide the Promotor with a valid UK address for delivery of this prize. The signed football shirt will then be posted within 20 days and will need to be signed for on delivery.
An 18-hole round of golf hosted by a celebrity at Royal Mid Surrey Golf Club
The winner will be entitled to take up to 2 guests to Royal Mid Surrey Golf Club, Richmond Surrey to play one 18-hole round of golf hosted by a celebrity. It is anticipated that the celebrity will be Sportsbar Presenter & former Premier League player, Jamie O’Hara, however this is subject always to his availability. The round of golf must be taken at a mutually agreeable time on or before 30 June 2022 and can be taken on a Monday to Friday only (excluding bank holidays). The venue requires men to have a handicap of 24.00 or lower and ladies to have a handicap of 34.00 or lower. All players will be required to show a copy of their CONGU handicap certificate at the venue’s pro shop on the day of the round. Players must also adhere to the dress code and any other requirements of the venue. The winner and their guests will be required to comply with the then current Covid-19 requirements communicated by the venue or organiser. This prize is non-transferable and cannot be resold. The round of golf has been provided by RMSGC Limited (company number 09851543) and the celebrity host has been secured by Wireless Group Media (GB) Limited (company number 03949697). The winner will need to make arrangements with the Promoter regarding this prize.
If Jamie O’Hara is unable to attend for any reason, the winner will be informed by the Promoter and may request one of the following options:
Option 1: Take the round of golf on the date and at the time that has been booked. This will be without a celebrity host but the winner can bring along a total of 3 guests to play, instead of 2; or
Option 2: Reschedule the round of golf so that the winner and up to 3 guests can attend. The game will need to be played on or before 31 December 2022 on a Monday to Friday only (excluding bank holidays). The round of golf would be without a celebrity host; or
Option 3: Take the round of golf for the winner and 2 guests with an alternative sporting celebrity host on a mutually agreed date. The game will need to be played on or before 31 December 2022 on a Monday to Friday only (excluding bank holidays). Please note, the alternative celebrity will be secured by Wireless Group Media (GB) Limited and the winner will not be entitled to request a specific individual.
Two hospitality tickets for the President’s table at the 2021/2022 William Hill World Darts Championship Final
The winner will receive two hospitality tickets for the President’s table at the 2021/2022 William Hill World Darts Championship Final, currently scheduled to take place at 8pm on 3 January 2022 at Alexandra Palace, London. Dates and times are subject to scheduling changes. Ticketholders must be aged 18 or over. Ticketholders will be entitled to access the event on the day using a dedicated hospitality entrance and will have the benefit of reserved seats. In addition, this prize entitles the ticketholders to attend a champagne reception and a two course pre-session meal provided by the venue, including unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks. The winner will also receive a souvenir programme at the event. Ticketholders must adhere to all instructions of the organiser or venue, including any that may be referenced on, or printed on, the hard copy tickets. Fancy dress costumes are not permitted in the hospitality area for this event. The winner and their guests will be required to comply with the then current Covid-19 requirements communicated by the venue or event organiser. This prize is non-transferable and cannot be resold. This prize is provided by Barry Hearn and The Professional Darts Corporation Limited, company number 03473679, and subject to their terms and conditions at https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets and www.pdc.tv/hospitality. The winner must complete and return a booking form to the event organiser no later than Friday 17 December 2021 to confirm attendance at the event (booking form and contact details to be provided by the Promoter). The event organiser will provide instructions regarding any hardcopy tickets that must be collected on the day of the event.
- The winner is responsible for organising and paying for all associated arrangements and costs that are not specifically stated as included in these Rules, including (where applicable) arranging transport to events, transfers to and from airports/stations, food and drink, accommodation, spending money and all other incidentals. The winner is also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize.
- The winner will be responsible for ensuring they are available to take up the respective prizes on the relevant dates of the events and will need to take any necessary documents, such as vaccination certificates, to the events in question.
- Each prize is non-refundable and non-negotiable. No substitute prizes or cash alternatives are available at the request of the winner. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for similar prizes of equal or greater value, or at its sole discretion the cash value of the prizes.
- The winner agrees that the prizes are awarded on an ‘as is’ basis and that the Promoter makes no representations nor gives any warranties of any nature in relation to the prizes.
- The provision of any prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of any third parties concerned in any way with the Prize Draw, including any prize provider named in these Rules.
- Each prize is accepted or taken at the winner’s and their guest’s (if applicable) own risk. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or their guests or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of accepting, using and/or taking up (or failing to accept, use and/or take up) the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
- The winner of the Prize Draw will be the first valid entry selected at random by a random computer process from all valid entries received during the Entry Period. The draw for all prizes will take place on 26 November 2021 (“Draw Date”). Reserve winners will also be selected in case the original winner cannot be contacted and/or does not provide the necessary information. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified on the Draw Date via telephone. If a winner cannot be contacted or fails to respond to communications within 7 days of notification, the prizes will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award them all to a reserve winner selected as set out above.
- The Promoter will require the winner’s name and address in order to post the memorabilia football shirts. Failure to provide this information will result in the winner forfeiting these prizes. The Promoter will provide the winner with details of how to claim the other prizes by 10 December 2021. It is the winner’s responsibility to follow the instructions in these Rules within any timescales stipulated. Failure to do so may result in the prize being forfeited.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if it reasonably believes there has been a breach of these Rules or a winner’s conduct is contrary to these Rules and in these circumstances the Promoter also reserves the right to require the return of any prize awarded (if applicable) and select an alternative winner as set out above.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, your donation may be eligible for Gift Aid. This means Cancer Research UK can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. Cancer Research UK may contact you by text on the mobile number you used to enter to give you the opportunity to add Gift Aid to your donation (if any). If you are sent a link to a page where you can submit your details then, as with any mobile browsing, you may incur charges from your network provider. If you are asked to text those details, then a standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates) will be incurred. You can access the Gift Aid form at CRUK.org.uk/SMSgiftaid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel, suspend or amend the Prize Draw or these Rules (including the eligibility requirements) at its sole discretion with or without prior notice (i) in the event of any occurrence outside the Promoter’s reasonable control; (ii) to ensure the Prize Draw is run fairly; and (iii) to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidance (and the Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to entrants and potential entrants).
- The winner acknowledges that the Promoter may request their consent to participate in promotional activity and material relating to the Prize Draw. However, for the avoidance of doubt neither entry into the Prize Draw nor the likelihood of the entrant being the prize winner are conditional upon consent being given.
- The winner’s surname and county will be available for one month after the Draw Date to anyone who sends a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Bobby Moore Fund, Cancer Research UK, 2 Redman Place, London E20 1JQ. If the winner objects to this information being made available, they should inform the Promoter at the earliest opportunity. In such cases, the Promoter will not make their details available to members of the public but the winner acknowledges that the Promoter may still be required to share their details with the Advertising Standards Authority or other applicable regulator.
- The SMS service for text entries to the Prize Draw, randomised draw and donation service is provided by Fonix Mobile PLC Limited, 23 Heddon Street, London, W1B 4BQ. Your information (mobile phone number and amount of donation (if any)) will be collected by Fonix Mobile PLC on behalf of the Promoter and will only be used to process your donation, provide receipts, process any refunds as necessary. If you are randomly selected as the winner, Fonix will share your information with the Promoter in order to let you know you have won and to administer the prizes. The Promoter and its subcontractors will use your personal data to administer donations made (including without limitation for the purposes of Gift Aid) and to provide you with the prizes / information on how to claim the prizes as applicable.
- These Rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.